Monday, February 22, 2010

Black bean tea at Gusto

The cold weather is coming and going these days, here. I’ve bet that snow season is over, and I changed my snow tires to regular ones this weekend. How is the weather like in your town this season?










We liked Gusto, so went there again this weekend. This time I tried sencha and black bean tea.



Sencha was from Sizuoka. The leaf was looking good for this reasonable restaurant. The aroma was okay, and the taste was nice. I could not find so much umami, but it had a good distinctive bitterness. Somehow, the tea brewed yourself tastes better than tea just served.






I had never seen black bean tea. It looked like coffee beans, and had roasted soy aroma. The brewed tea was brown, and the taste was mild and did not have bitterness. It tasted like watery coffee. Oops, watery coffee does not sound delicious, does it? I didn’t mean that. It was pretty good. Let’s see, I could say it was similar to hojicha and had rich soy flavor and faint sweetness. I liked memorable roasted flavor.


I had hamburger in stew with rice and miso-soup.

2 comments:

  1. Herbal tea can safe you from harmful effect on body rather than the normal milk tea. You can find the best ayahuasca tea supplier in USA : ayahuasca tea supplier in USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post i really appreciate this post it seems that there's a lot of interesting on this site i will bookmark your page for more new updates on your site. keep it up . Welcome people coming soon link instastalker

    ReplyDelete