Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shinano ceramic center in Seto, Aichi 1



This weekend, a new facility opened in my town, Shinano Seto. I don’t know if you have the same kind of facility in your country. It is called michinoeki, literally means a road station. Michinoeki is a public resting place for drivers, which consists of a parking lot, bathrooms, an information center and local shops. There are about 370 of them along the road all over Japan. The one that has opened is just 15min away on foot from my place. The opening day was a chilly and windy day, but we walked there. I wanted to have Seto-yakisoba, a local noodle. But actually, it was so crowded and people were lined up to get into the restaurant. We didn’t want to wait outside, so we gave up the noodles 。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。 It’s not a long way so we can come back anytime.


Why I started write about Michinoeki is that I wanted to introduce Shinano ceramic center, which is located in the same property. The ceramic center is not new, and has been there for a long time. They sell local ceramic wares and also have ceramic workshops. You can learn and experience pottery making. I myself have actually tried it a few times. Once, I made a tea bowl using a wheel. How do you think I did?


Talk to you tomorrow!



This is Shinano ceramic center.

1 comment:

  1. I found some misstyping on this post, and have corrected them. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete