Friday, March 4, 2011

It’s the season for sakura-mochi!



Sakura means cherry blossom. Cherries will bloom in about a month in Japan (^-^) Now, it is the season for my favorite sweet, sakura-mochi! Some Japanese sweets have their season. My best sweet for spring is sakura-mochi and for fall is kurikinton (chestnuts confection). Sakura-moch is wrapped in salted cherry leaf. You can eat the leaf as well. Sakura-mochi has sweet bean paste inside of the rice dumpling. I love the rice part which is a little sweet. I could have a bucket of it ψ(`∇´)ψ


Our master usually buys five pieces of confection for our lesson. We consume only three pieces in the lesson, which are for the master, my wife, Hiro and me. Usually two pieces remain. Our master is so generous that she gives us the remaining ones sometimes. This is what we had from this week’s tea lesson. I had it with matcha yesterday’s tea time at home, and I was so happyヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
    wholesale valves

    ReplyDelete