Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kabusecha between sencha and gyokuro

How are you everyone?

We have finished up all the first tea of the season from a friend of mine. Now we’ve just opened a new package of kabusecha. Kabusecha is a kind of green tea between sencha and gyokuro. The tea trees for kabusecha are grown under cover to avoid direct sunshine like gyokuro, but shorter covering period. And the tea processing is same as sencha making. I think Kabusecha is pretty similar to sehcna in any aspects.

Look at the picture on the right, Kabusecha leaves are look like sencha and gyokuro. You can brew it like high-grade sencha. The brewed tea color of this kabusecha is a little greener than sencha and clear. The aroma is pretty much the same as sencha. I couldn’t tell the difference. I really like the taste. It is very smooth and I didn’t taste any bitterness. You can also enjoy sweetness in the green tea flavor. The taste could differ according to the condition of brewing; however my impression of this tea is soft and pleasant to the taste. The one I tried was definitely smooth. I could say it is one kind of fine sencha.

I hope you have a chance to try it. Have a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment