Friday, July 24, 2009

I practiced a new temae with mrujoku.


Hi, everyone!

We have been practicing hirademae at lessons. This week lesson I practiced a new temae with tana, a utensil stand (shown in this picture). Please compare with the picture of Hiradema from my past blog. This type of tana is called marujoku. Most procedure is the same as hirademae. The big differences are placing a fresh-water container on the stand, and displaying the ladle and lid rest on the top of the stand when you leave the tea room. This marujoku stand can be used in either the summer or winter season.

I have done this temae before, but it was a long time ago. I didn’t remember some details, need more practice. Hiro is not ready for tana, so she is still keep practicing hirademae.

Have a good day!

PS. In this picture I used a bamboo lid rest, but I should have used a ceramic lid rest for marujoku temae.

No comments:

Post a Comment