Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Omotenashi-spirit, hospitality at Japanese hotel 2

There were some other omomtenashi at Suimeikan.

There were some events and activities for guests.

They had a room for table tennis. Table tennis was a very popular activity at ryokan in the olden days. I don’t see table tennis much at ryokans nowadays. We enjoyed it. My brother and I are pretty good at table tennisψ(`∇´)ψ


Live jazz at the lounge for free ♪( ´▽`)


Bingo game at night
We all won some prizes except Hiro, my wife.
Poor Hiro 。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。


I joined a little tour in the hotel.
They showed some art pieces in the hotel and facilities such as huge banquet room, a hallway for small banquet rooms and the stage for Japanese play called “No”.


During the tour, we passed a tea room. The guide didn’t explain about the tea room. I wish they had served tea at the tea room.


There were some flowers and decorations in the hotel. I think they are a part of their omotenashi.

Kadomatsu, a New Year's decoration made of bamboo and pine branches, literally means gate pines. It is displayed in pairs outside of the main entrance as a gate.


Decorations with rabbit figures at the lobby
Rabbit is the animal of the year.


Flowers around the hotel


Kagami-mochi, a special decoration for New Year made of rice cake.



Flowers in guest rooms

2 comments: