Monday, June 7, 2010

Tea at Senkyoro in Hakone

Hakone in Kanagawa prefecture is one of the most famous hot-spring resorts in Japan. We stayed at Senkyoro in Hakone. Their hot spring water was mucky white and had the smell of sulfur. It was my favorite type of water. Senkyoro and their outdoor bath were in woods. Having a soak in the soft sunlight filtering through foliage was so relaxing. This is the view from our room.



The welcome tea was served at Senkyoro. It was sencha with little sweet. Tea cup had a lid. It was a nice tea.



A tea set equipped in the room consisted with a teapot, cups, saucers, tea leaves, and electric kettle. There were two kinds of tea leaves, sencha and hojicha. I didn’t have either of them during our stay, but the sencha leaves looked good with its profound color.



Senkyoro webpage (Japanese) >>> http://www.senkyoro.co.jp/index.html

2 comments:

  1. Very nice cup of welcome tea! What is original name of this cup with lid? I saw it in some japanese e-teashops when I search for teapots but I lost names of these shops. In the future I would like to buy it, but I do not know name of it. Very cute! It reminds me chinese gaiwan in japanese wear.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, tomas-san,

    Thank you for your comments. I really don’t know the correct name for it. I write about it on today’s blog. Please check it out!

    However,we call it futatsuki-yunomi or futatsuki-sencha in Japanese. Futatsuki means “with lid”. So why don’t you try searching for “futatsuki cup” or “futatsuki tea cup”. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete