Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Matcha cake

It was raining in the morning, but now it’s getting sunny. I’ve just had a Japanese confectionery and bowl of matcha. I feel that it’s gonna be a good day(*^。^*)



The other day, I got some cakes from a neighborhood pastry shop. There was a matcha flavored cake in them. I loved it. It was layered with some matcha sponge cake, mousse, cream and chocolate. It was very smooth and had rich flavor like high quality chocolate. Nowadays matcha flavored sweets are very popular. It is not only for Japanese confectioneries. I even see a lot of combinations of western sweets and the matcha flavor in Japan. I guess most of the chocolate flavored sweets can be substituted by matcha flavor for the bitterness. That’s why matcha flavor goes really well with western sweets as well. Are green tea flavored sweets popular in your country?

2 comments:

  1. Plucked in the spring, the leaves are lightly steamed, air-dried and then stone-ground into a very fine verdant powder. Hence its epithet from the Chinese words mo cha, meaning to grind tea. powder green tea perth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your music is amazing. You have some very talented artists. I wish you the best of success.
    tea matcha

    ReplyDelete