Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ocobo, a café at Kakuozan

There is a café called Ocobo at Kakuozan, Nagoya, which I’ve always wanted to visit. The other day, I finally had the chance. When I got there a few customers are calmly enjoying their tea. The cafe only has 10 seats at the bar. A man was preparing tea and he seemed to be the only person working there at that time. He is probably the master of the café. He told me to wait a little, while I was watching the confectioneries in the showcase for to-go. The master has been trained at a confectionery shop in Kyoto, so I wanted to try their sweets. While waiting, I looked around. On the shelves, there are cute cups and small teapots are displayed. I heard nice sound of the master whisking matcha. On the wall, there are some magazines and books with picture of a temple in Kyoto. I noticed that one of the customer was reading the magazine from the wall. The café was filled with a tranquility. 

In the meantime, the master finished serving the tea and came to me. I was about buying some sweets to take them home, but at the last moment, I changed my mind and decided to have tea and the sweets there. I seated at the bar and had a sencha tea set. 
 

The sencha was very clear and refreshing. It didn’t have much bitterness and any unpleasant flavor. The aroma like roasted chestnuts filled in my mouth. It was quite nice. The sweets that I tried was a little different from what I’ve expected. But, good ingredients seemed to be used.   

I definitely want to come back when I will be around Kakuozan. I want to try some other of their tea and sweets. Their matcha sorbet sounds good.

Ocobo (Japanese) >>> http://ocobo-wagashi.com/

4 comments:

  1. Sports is on of the main sports in North America, particularly in the UNITED STATES, but also canada, a lot of men and women are enjoying the game every day. Hundreds of thousands of folks cheers for they favorites each and every time they play. But a major problem for them is finding good quality streams, where they can watch nfl live stream game titles. Not whenever games are available on the local channels or on the sports ones, that's why we want to ensure that the football enthusiasts around the world and offer them the best AMERICAN FOOTBAL nfl network live stream experience for free.

    The National NFL League (NFL) is the professional American football category and it's made up of 32 teams. Right now there are two groups in the NFL, National NFL Conference and American NFL Conference. You can watch all nfl gamepass for free on our NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE live streams.

    ReplyDelete