I’ve just got the samples of my originally designed tea cup. It took a long time before they got here, after a lot of revisions in the drawings and remaking of the plaster samples. The biggest challenge was the cost, because everything that I want to do has an additional charge. I didn’t just want to make reasonable and ordinary tea cups. I wanted to make them simple but have well-thought and elaborate details. They may not be inexpensive, but I wanted to make them affordable. Let me introduce a few details of my persistence.
The most favorite of my work is the texture. I wanted to make stylish white tea cups, but I think that white porcelain cups are sometimes too shiny to accompany a pottery teapot. So, I got the outside of the cup bisque-finished and sanded. (FYI: Bisque-finish refers to a non-glazed finish) The texture is matte but smooth. The contrast to the shiny glazed inside is beautiful. It can go very well with pottery teapot by reason of the matte outside. This procedure costs a lot and which is one of the reasons why pricing higher. But I think it is worth it.
Another work that I adhered was the logo mark at the bottom. I actually wanted to print the logo but printing is expensive. So, I decided to have it engraved, which is more reasonable than printing. Nonetheless, the engraved mark turned out pretty great. It is way nicer than I expected.
Overall, I was very much satisfied with the samples especially with the details. I will probably be able to manage the affordable pricing. I may need a few months before releasing the products. I can’t wait! ^^