Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Smiley hojicha latte


I am into hojicha latte since I introduced the recipes on this blog and I have been trying some other conditions.  I would like to share an improved recipe that I discovered.   Most recipes are good with sugar, but this combination has a well balanced flavor of tea and milk even it is not sweetened.   It will make you smile (^-^)




Ingredients
Hojicha leaves: 3g
Hot water: 40ml/1.4oz
Hot milk: 120ml/4.2oz
Sugar: optional

Items
Ippukuwan (big tea cup)
Tea whisk
Small teapot




Procedure

1.    Whisk the hot milk (120ml/4.2oz) in the ippukuwan until it gets foamy

2.    Brew the hojicha for 30sec
Put tea leaves (3g) into the teapot and add boiling water (50ml/1.4oz)
Steep it for 30sec


3.    Pour the brewed hojicha into the ippukuwan
I drew a smiley face as I poured the tea.

Smile!


Note
If you want to sweeten, you could brew it longer like 45sec for richer flavor.
You need to rinse well the teawhisk immediately to prevent molding and to avoided smell.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect, I'll definetely try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might not want to drink it if you are able to draw a beautiful smile^^

      Delete