Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tea for meal


After we did all through the tasting for sencha with variety of food, we wanted to explore a little more.  We prepared hojicha and tried it with some leftover foods.  What was interesting about was that we got pretty different result from sencha’s. 



Konnichiwa, it’s Kohei(^^)  I didn’t like dried raisins and peanuts for sencha.  The raisins created a yucky bitter flavor with sencha.   The flavors of peanuts and sencha existed separately in my mouth and didn’t match well.  But, I didn’t find those negative tastes with hojicha at all.  Hojicha was not bad with fat containing food either.  I could not find a perfect mariage for hojicha this time, but it seems that hojicha is very versatile for many kinds of food.    I surely understood why hojicha is popular for meals.   I can recommend it.  Jah!


No comments:

Post a Comment