Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tea room with sunken hearth

Hello, everyone! I had another tea lesson last night. Hiro was not feeling well and skipped the lesson. I did a winter-style temae, using a sunken hearth instead of a brazier. I think something special about tea room is the sunken hearth, which an ordinary Japanese tatami room doesn’t equip. The sunken hearth is usually used from Nov. through Mar, and the brazier for Apr. to Oct. We wanted to practice more of brazier temae, so we are one month late of starting sunken hearth. Have a nice day!


I asked my master to be in my picture. It is her first appearance in a while!!
If you want to compare with the summer setting >>> Picture of hirademae setting with brazier

2 comments:

  1. * Jual Obat Aborsi ,,,
    * Thanks for sharing the information *

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
    valve manufacturer

    ReplyDelete